Dickens of a Dinner—Needs Your Help
Every year new homes host the guests so they are able to experience a new part of the neighborhood. 80 guests step back in time to a party that begins with a ride in a horse-drawn wagon to the first house on the tour.
Watch this video to take a peek at the Dickens of a Dinner experience. Click here to view the high resolution video of the event on YouTube.
We still need houses.
If you think your house is ready for this event, you will receive a custom brass historic plaque from the New Mexico Historical Society. Check out those on your neighbors’ houses.
What else do we need?
- Guests - Talk this up with your friends and relatives or come yourself. Tickets are $65 per person, $130 per couple.
- Guides - Dress in Victorian evening clothing and be in charge of the four guest groups.
- Shoppers - A one- or two-person team makes purchases and delivers to the houses.
- Cooks – Help prepare the main course.
- House Captains - Take charge of each house on the tour.
- Servers - Set the tables, plate the food, serve it and clean up.
- Decorating team - Set up Christmas trees, light up houses, and move large objects.
Join the fun!! Call Ann Carson 242-1143 to volunteer.